Elandslaagte and the damm Rat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Mountainman and myself decided to go look at his game farm near Elandslaagte that he has been busy building up over the last 10 years
img2618qa7.jpg

img2622ho2.jpg

img2624ld0.jpg

img2627hk7.jpg

and some nice technical riding
img2629mr1.jpg

img2632vi0.jpg

img2639ka5.jpg

My bike keeped on over heating and after blowing 2 10amp fuse i then put in a 20 amp ,that blew i though lets stop and check it out
img2637kt6.jpg

This is what we found
Chewed wires
img2634le2.jpg

Chewed snorkel
img2636aj7.jpg

img2633hd0.jpg

And left overs of pudding
img2638ij4.jpg

So got some work cut out for me hope the bugger never went into the airbox and had some aircleaner for after dinner mints
Put it back together and went down to the new camp
img2641tx5.jpg

that black KTM is a pielle looking bike ... gonna chat to father christmas.

Now I know what the attraction is on the dark side! >:D ;

If you get stuck somewhere , the Katoom has edible parts for sustenance......Now Beemer  designers havent thought of that yet!!  >:D ;D

Some Rattex is sure to save your ration store!! >:D ;D

I know what it is like though. A couple of years ago a rat ate most of my electrical harness in my Jetta while we were away on holiday.  :eek:

Comiserations. Hope you get the bugger soon!!  ;)

Looks like a good ride, must be great scenery in summer!  Hope you catch the rat!

bushclown said:
My bike keeped on over heating and after blowing 2 10amp fuse i then put in a 20 amp ,that blew i though lets stop and check it out
img2637kt6.jpg

Nice report. Great pic's.
On a more humerous note. Seem you guys had a tupperware party in the bush, all by yourselves.  >:D
You should feed you pets better, maybe a steak or two, not bike parts.  Would suggest that you put some rat poison down wherever you part your bike, otherwise expect to have another party soon.  >:D

Latest posts