Eselbank / Wuppertal with pillions - RR in GoPro pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
A couple of mates decided to get together for a pillion friendly trip through the Cederberg this past weekend. It just so happened that they all had the same great taste in bikes, Super Tenere's  ;D

We departed from Droomers Yamaha on Sat morning at 8am, had a stopover at Kalabas pub for brekkies and then pushed through to Nuwerus Rest camp. What a great camp spot  :thumleft: Only about 2km's from Oasis with lovely cottages and very nice camping area with grass.
After quenching our considerable thirsts at Stephen's lapa, we popped in to Oasis for a quick pint and then ended the evening enjoying a lekka steak braai layed on by Yammie Super10  :thumleft:

Sunday morning we pushed through to the Biedouw Valley in search of flowers, via the Eselbank / Wuppertal road with a quick stopover at the waterfall and an impromto picnic, thanks again to Yammie Super10's lovely fiance who was riding along in the Toyota with the kids  :thumleft: Unfortunately the flowers never made much of an appearance  :(

The route was awesome though, with lots of ruts and water crossings  :thumleft: We had a brief stop in Wuppertal and then pushed on for Clamwilliam for lunch as the day was getting rather warm. From there we took the easy way out and hit the grey slab home  :thumleft:

Here's a few pics of the outing:

1. Yammie Super10 and his laaities Renier

2. Spring has sprung

3. Dave & Cats demonstrating the fine art of pillioning  ;)

4. Buff & Cats then perfecting it  :biggrin:

5. Ian enjoying a splash

6. 3 KLR's enjoying a rest  ;)

7. Descending into Wuppertal

8. Water splash just before Eselbank

9. Someone had a moment in the sand earlier in the day  :)

10. Ian enjoying his first outing on an ST  :thumleft:

Attachments

• Dion1.jpg
    Dion1.jpg
    189 KB
  • Spring2.jpg
    Spring2.jpg
    151 KB
  • DC_pillion.jpg
    DC_pillion.jpg
    121.6 KB
  • BC_Shadow1.jpg
    BC_Shadow1.jpg
    162 KB
  • Ian1.jpg
    Ian1.jpg
    105.9 KB
  • Donkeys.jpg
    Donkeys.jpg
    155.5 KB
  • Pass2.jpg
    Pass2.jpg
    200.5 KB
  • Water2.jpg
    Water2.jpg
    198.8 KB
  • Sand1.jpg
    Sand1.jpg
    165.5 KB
  • I_rocks.jpg
    I_rocks.jpg
    193 KB
I had the joy of pillioning a bit of Wuppertal, and out of the Cederberg yesterday after drowning the Dommie, and can I just say hats off to those ladies as I did NOT enjoy that experience. So uncomfortable, and really scary being out of control like that! You are brave women!

Lovely pics and awesome having a drink with you guys at the Oasis.  :ricky:

Thanks Buff, it was a lekka outride :thumleft: Its been some time since my ass was on the ST :eek: But all well worth it :mwink:

As soon as I can find my camera cable, can down load some pics :mwink:

Ok found the elusive cable :deal:
Here are some pics my daughter took on our ride.
1. the ST gang ready at Droomers
2.Buff and Cat
3. Yami with son
4. Esel bank falls
5. Some flowers

Attachments

• DSC07475.jpg
    DSC07475.jpg
    131.9 KB
  • DSC07516.jpg
    DSC07516.jpg
    156.1 KB