Exhaust Gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning clever folk. My Aprilia Dorsoduro is currently experiencing a bit of a exhaust leak making it louder than it already was, just not in a good way. I have tried twice to seal the joints with some gun gum, but the gaskets are pretty much falling apart and need to be replaced.
The obvious solution is to get replacements from the importers. The problem being that nobody has stock and it'll take 6 weeks at least.

So, figuring that there is nothing special about an exhaust on an Aprilia I reckon there must be some kind of generic replacement that can be used. This is where I need some advice from someone knowledgeable on the matter.
The gaskets used currently are of this type: https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=9289 Apparently some kind of high graphite steel???

At any rate joining exhaust sections together must be something done on every exhaust out there, so what other options are there to achieve this. Currently trying to build up the empty space with gungum is not a solution.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.