Exploring the Klein Karoo 5-7 Sep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the comments guys! ;D

If you're planning to do the karoo in Dec/Jan, it can be bliksems warm! Take a LOT of water with you!

Beserker said:
LGF

Great RR...solo is the way to go... for me, captures the essence of biking.

One lesson learnt, stop and take the pictures, something I never do, probably for two reasons: The bike is standing still and there is no "action", also, not being a great photographer, my panaramas, vistas, nature shots never does justice what I see right there, but I suppose practice makes perfect.

One question: what is the soft luggage you are using...looking for something similar, not to high in the back, not slung to low on the side. If it is a particular brand, your experiance of it please. I am looking at something similar.

Thanks for the motivation.

Beserker, it's a Revpack from the States, the Tourpack model - costs $95. https://www.revpack.com/motorcycle/products/TourPack.html. It's waterproof cordura and has 1 long zip the entire width of the bag. I'm very happy with the bag to date and have their saddle bags as well which are great!

LGF fantastic and really inspiring, I am taking two weeks off very shortly and am trying to decide where to ride to!!

I just had to come back and modify my comment, I have just re-read your post with a map in My hand so I could live the ride, must say a lot of the places you mention are not even on My map, absolutely inspiring cant wait to do a ride. :biggrin:

signs154.gif
  :thumleft:

Beemer man said:
LGF fantastic and really inspiring, I am taking two weeks off very shortly and am trying to decide where to ride to!!

I just had to come back and modify my comment, I have just re-read your post with a map in My hand so I could live the ride, must say a lot of the places you mention are not even on My map, absolutely inspiring cant wait to do a ride. :biggrin:

Give me a shout if you come down this way.

Wow, what a stunning ride report  :thumleft:

Those pictures are awesome and really do capture the moment. If you concentrate hard, you can smell the flowers  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Taking pics on a trip is a must, even though it does take time as you say, it is great to relive the entire trip when browsing through the pictures again.

Thanks for sharing  :ricky: