F650GS Water Pump - for the record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I was considering adding to one of the other topics/threads, but decided I would put my water pump kit replacement job in a fresh thread - for record purposes. Hope it helps.

Firstly, after listening to (reading) some advice, tips and instructions, I finally bought the following for the job:
Impeller and two seals (sold as a kit)                                          -   R507.57
Two gears (had to go back to BMW for the second one)               -   R204.42
Clutch cover gasket (ouch!)                                                       -   R245.13
Water pump gasket                                                                   -   R 43.80
Pipe coupling / connector                                                           -   R 23.00
Total                                                                                                 - R1024.02
(Of course the other normal consumables - oil, oil filter, sump washer, coolant, distilled water) adds to the total cost, but those needed to be changed anyway (with spark plug and air filter), so I didn't add them here.

I also got the other service items (oil, coolant, etc.). Will post further as I go along. Back to work for now.
Wish me luck!!

Latest posts