First long trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakbos

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi there all da Dawgs

Me and a few friends (not dawgs yet) are planning our first long trip and would appreciate some advice from you old travellers. The purpose of the trip is to attend the Whale Rally in Jbay (also a first) from Kathu in the Northern Cape, BUT we are planning doing it via Baviaanskoof. Hopefully I would have aquired my TA by then so the bike will be standard without any knobblies, panniers, risers, pegs, etc, etc.

So what I would like to know from you guy's are whether we will be able to travel through Baviaans with novice to intermediate offroad skill and basic bikes?? Our skils are limited to the rooi Kalahari sand. So, no experience with regards to water crossings, steep rocky uphills etc.

Some suggestions for nice passes to ride while we are there would also be nice.

Suggestions with regards to must have gear for the trip would be appreciated. I did some reading under the gear and travel headings and started compiling a list for the trip.

Just one more question thats been bugging me since I've become a member. When you become a Dawg, are you entitled to call your wife your "Bitch"??????????????  >:D I've tried but it hurt for days...........

Sorry ladies just a joke / stirring.

Any of you fellows attending the Whale Rally?

HOU AAN BEWEEG

Latest posts