First Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jangys

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Well, wrote my learners on Saturday and passed.... :ricky:

Decided to go and do my first ride as there was very little traffic around on a Saturday Morning. I went up Sir Lowry's Pass and did the round trip to Betty's Bay, Pringle Bay and did a stop at Rooiels for some lunch. Had a wonderful time on the bike. Struggled a bit with the corners, took it nice and slow etc.

Did another ride on Sunday morning, decided to do the same route, but the other way round. The wind was pumping. I struggled a lot and only made it to Rooiels. Decided to turn back.

Did my first commute to Cape Town this morning from Somerset. I enjoyed every second.

Any Dogs out there that would not mnd to take a newbie on a ride sometime?? I need the training and advise.

:mwink:

I will.

Was trying to hard not to come off that I completely forgot about the pix...

Sorry..

:ricky:

Congrats on your learners.

And don't worry about the corners...
I've been riding since Nov  -and they get easier, however I'm still not mad about the twisties, and don't really like mountain passes... but they do get easier.

The BMW Club is also a good place to join. They organize lots of rides, are great at offering advice and help, etc.

Enjoy & ride safe! There is always a newbie ride planned sooner or later :)

Congrats Jangys lekker !. keep a look out on the planning a ride thread there are always rides that you can join.

Congrats, there is nothing better than giving the KK the finger when riding past all legal and full of smiles  >:D