Footpeg fitment question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacoM

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I got this BMW HP2 footpegs from a friend. Some parts were/are missing. I had the one pin made where the actual footpeg fits onto. Not on the photo though.

Can you help me with two questions?
1. Left hand side - am I missing a spacer of some sort. When the inner and outer bracket is pulled together and clamping the sub-frame the inner is not "carrying" on the shaft. With a full length spacer between the threaded part and the "shoulder" this thing become impossible to fit, which leads me to my second question. nl.:
2) Is the inner bracket on the righthand side suppose to be "loose fitting" or "permanent press fit" . The one I have is either a press fit or is corroded onto the shaft - hy sit m..r vas en ek wil nie force en die hele ding opneuk as hy bedoel is om vas te wees! Most probebly the right hand side fits onto a shoulder and is suppose to be loose so that the hold thing can slide on the shaft fir fitment?

Would appreciate some "guidance" before I break this aluminium fitting.
And yes, I know it is a shitty design but it would be perfect to pinion with one of my son's to the local Spar!\
Thanks

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    86.9 KB