• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Kawasaki KDX 200 - 1987 - Runs well - Make me an offer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
**Full disclosure** I only joined the forum because I need to sell my bike. I do however wish I had known about this forum before I decided to give up my bikes and start cycling.. :( but! I still have my gear! :D So will get another offroad in the future :) I am in Port Elizabeth.

Anyway, I am selling my KDX 200. To make a long story short, it has been restored. I know it runs because I took it riding a few months ago.  (just before winter kicked in) There were some glitches with the clutch where I couldn't quite get it into neutral, but took it to my guy and he sorted it out. He said he tested it and it's all sorted and I trust him, so I can say with about 99.9% certainty that it has been resolved.

Other than that I honestly don't know of any issues at all. The barrel was recently (last year) honed and nikasil plated and at the same time I replaced the piston with a new one. It rides really nicely, but unfortunately I don't have the time to ride and decided to use the money towards a different hobby. Pictures are attached/below.

As far as I have been made aware it is a 1987 model and most of the parts are original parts, except for bits here and there, but I also have to honest that I am lacking in the technical expertise and years of experience to say that with 110% accuracy. I did replace the handle bars with generic handle bars from the local bike store and I put new grips and after the last ride I put a new a clutch cable on because the ends were looking a little frayed.

I didn't give it a good wash like I was supposed to after the last ride and I was going to do it 'tomorrow'...and tomorrow just never came so please forgive the dirt. :p

Price: Make me an offer

Attachments

• IMG_0114 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0114 (Small).JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0115 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0115 (Small).JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0117 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0117 (Small).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0120 (Small).JPG