For the love of Sand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome fun, that. Thanks again to all, and to the good folks at Atlantic Motorrad who'll be cleaning my bike tomorrow. ;D

Kawaki said:
Nice pics!KLR looks better standing up... :biggrin:

Sometimes it's just easier and safer to lie the bike down. Rather than struggling to get the side stand out
against the camber or bogging the rear wheel only to fight it out again when you want to go. The post '08
KLR's has a brilliant side stand but on some of the softer dunes even that sinks in making the bike fall over.

Just because this is the way guys park their plastics doesn't mean the KLR can't do it too.   ;)

Beautiful beautiful photos Michiel , thanks for taking the time to share those . Its very artistically done and they so aptly portray Nature's splendour and beauty and vastness and silence .  :thumleft: :thumleft:

And to Pleco , MonkeyBoy , Mark 660 etc well done guys for the sand riding , I will try my best to join you at some point . Great to see you guys are improving like that , gives me hope  :thumleft:

Rynet said:
And to Pleco , MonkeyBoy , Mark 660 etc well done guys for the sand riding , I will try my best to join you at some point . Great to see you guys are improving like that , gives me hope   :thumleft:

We will be there every Sunday morning.  :ricky:

I organize it very early though, as the sand gets way too soft later in the day. And we sweat! A LOT!

The plus side is that it does not interfere with family time that early.

Nice Pics!!!
Love atlantis in the early morning before the people and get there and the sun is nice and low  :thumleft:
Jealous of you guys!

Stunning stuff Michiel and GRT pics and really lekka fun.... :thumleft:

Michiel thanks for a great morning in Atlantis yesterday!
By far my most enjoyable ride there EVER!  :thumleft:

Atlantis was as soft as I've ever seen it with most of the dunes beautifully sharp edged.
The South Easter has swept it all smooth and eve though soft it made for fantastic playing.
We were there from 7:30 until about 10:30 by which time the heat and glare made it less fun.  :D