fuel overflow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe_soap

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Was surprised this weekend when riding, to see heavy fuel overflow from inside panel. :eek: ??? :eek: - Riding 950 Adv.

Had just filled up (ridden about 30km). We were riding up a steep mountain pass, gravel road, only doing about 30-35km/hr. Ambient temp was very warm 35-38 deg C. Fan was also running continually - so very hot. We stopped and there was a heavy "wiff" of fuel. Got off and looked around. The fuel was literally "pissing out" of the breather on inside of panel (see pic below). Was squirting out, almost onto the other tank opposite. Must have done this for about 2-3mins, then stopped. I thought I had a hole until I realise the other KTM's  with me were also breathing fuel out the same place (but nothing like it was squirting out on my bike).

Firstly, surely this is not "normal"??? Could it be a loose breather pipe or not positioned correctly? Where do I look?

Secondly, fuel was squirting out very close to exhaust. Can it ignite if it goes onto exhaust? :eek: ??? :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0996.jpg
    DSCF0996.jpg
    205 KB