Garmap for Mobile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panjo

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Heloooo, thought I'd just punt the new Garmap application for mobile phones.

I have been using it for the past week now on the free 30 day trial. I have a blackberry storm 2 and instalation was quick and painless. And I'm very impressed. The software is free but you pay for the service. There is month to month options, but for a year you pay 500 and something Randt!  The maps are always up to date as it relies on a data connection, if you are used to the Nuvi range of devices, then you will immeadiatley feel at home with this app' as it has all the usual gang of suspects like, POI, Speed camera, etc etc and there is even Speed, Traffic and Roadworks alerts.

What really made me smile is if you select a destination and then choose the routing for a Pedestrian, the application goes and works out the best Dirt Roads possible for you, uncanny i tell thee. Point in case, I have recently been looking for a good route from Benoni to the up coming Bosvark bash near lichtenburg and the application gave me a route Chop chop.

Obvious downside is if you are out of cell tower signal...but for most casual weekend outrides this should not be the norm.

Latest posts