Garmin "Track-Up" irritation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I was wondering if anyone here has any tips to deal with a feature of Garmin functionality which is developing into a pet hate.

Setting the GPS to "Track-up" means the map is always shown with the top of the map oriented in the direction that you are traveling.  This is quite intuitive, it also places the place marker towards the bottom of the screen so that you see more of the map.

But one thing that drives me mad is that when I stop the bike rocks backward and the GPS seems to pick that up?  So the map always swings around and points back the way you came.  This is very irritating, especially when you are tired because it becomes quite difficult to re-orientate your self when the map is constantly swing around all over the show, especially when you stop to check which way you should be going.  It happened again yesterday in De-Wild where I had to stop repeatedly, then pull off again repeatedly to try and work out whether I was actually going the right way or not because the map kept swing around and confusing me just at the crucial moment.

You can eliminate the issue by disabling the track up feature so the map always points North but that isnt as convenient because it puts the position marker in the centre of the screen although It may be the only answer.

Any suggestions?