Gauteng - Bos en Biltong Ride!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adventure MX

I am planning a ride for mid February.  I am not sure of the date yet but I am looking at the weekend of the 14 Feb which is a Saturday and Finish on the 15th (Sunday).

I have the following idea:
We leave from the Engen Garage on the Cnr of Hans Strydom and Lynnwood Rd.  We go through Mamelodi and head past Roodeplaat Dam.  We stop off at a cafe near Rust De Winter for the regular biltong and phuza.  Next we make our way to Radium and check out Vogelstruis Pan.  From Radium to Vogelstruis Pan can get technical as the area is very sandy!  From Vogelstruis Pan we make our way to Borakalalo and where we go up a little mountain track to where the com tower is.  If you feel brave you can climb to the top and get a real birdseye view of the surrounding area.  We will then head in the direction of Rooiwal where we will climb into another Sandy Riverbed which gets quite technical to.  Once we have cleared this obstacle we will make our way past "The Koppie" at Ga Tsogwe.  From here we will head off to Moegatle Lodge where we will be entertained for the evening!

Alex has offered the following:
Dinner, Bed (fully catered) and breakfast for R380.00

Dinner will consist of:
Spit Braai with pap en sous, salads!

Accomodation:
Fully catered chalet with on suite bathrooms.  3 beds in each chalet!

Breakfast:
Eggs, Bacon, toast, stew, fruit salad with coffee, tea or juice.

The lodge also has well stocked cash bar (Prices not to bad) and there is a pool to swim in after the long ride on Saturday.

After Sunday's breakfast we will make our way back to Pretoria through De Wildt doing a couple of technical section.  The distance on Sunday will not be far but you should get a good workout on Sunday Morning!

As this is somewhat of a technical ride, riders should have intermediate to good riding skills.  One will need to be self sufficient with tubes and repair kits on your bikes.  All you will need for the day is a couple of snacks, liquids and a overnight bag for the trip.  Oh and don't forget your swimming costume.

There can only be made provision for not more than 15 riders.  If you are interested then please let me know.  This needs to be confirmed within 2 weeks.

References
1. Below is two links that will show you some of the terrain you will encounter.
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=23220.0
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=24069.0;topicseen

2. Map of the intended route

Attachments

• febride09a.JPG
    febride09a.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 516