Gerrard, EssBee and The Badger, look what you made me do.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Yup, you guys have had a serious influence on this purchase.  It started when Gerrard let me buy his R100RS and experience the throb of a boxer and the joy of German engineering. EssBee and The Badger for letting me trail in the dust of their 1200 Motherships on my trusty KLR but never leaving me behind and letting me drool over the GSA's.
Well the budget wasnt going to stretch to a 1200 and there was something about the 1150's cheeky eyeballs    oO and basic mechanics the led me to Beemer Mike's 1150 GSA.
Thanks to Mike for letting me take this off your hands and follow the adventure, wherever it may take me. Thanks too for the airport transfer, the hospitality, the breakfast and being an A1 guy  :thumleft:
The one feature I thought was overkill , especially for us Durban boys, was the heated grips. Holy cow was I wrong. From when I left Harties yesterday morning till arriving in Durban I had them on. Trust me to choose one of the coldest days this year to do a fly/ride. From Warden to Harrrismith there was gale force, icy cross winds. When I stopped at Harrismith I asked two cage drivers if they could tell me what the outside temp was. They both replied that they hadn't noticed because they were being entertained by me trying to ride upright. I felt like I rode the 100km at 45º.
Anyway, got home safe and the Star Ship Enteprise will now share the garage with my other legends, the KLR and KX. Thats right folks, the KLR is staying for those more technical routes.
I will be back here with lots of tech questions and seeking advice. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1467555168103.jpg
    1467555168103.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 448