GETTING DIRTY IN CAMBODIA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant!

Thanks for posting.

cracker, i was there at the same time, no biking in cambodia though for me.  interesting place, very hot, and as you said, so different to thailand.  people have it tough and they had such a sad history with milions killed in the 70's.  next time, also some biking to be done.  i did two trips in thailand before on dirt bikes but cambodia offers even more!

ThomTom said:
cracker, i was there at the same time, no biking in cambodia though for me.  interesting place, very hot, and as you said, so different to thailand.  people have it tough and they had such a sad history with milions killed in the 70's.  next time, also some biking to be done.  i did two trips in thailand before on dirt bikes but cambodia offers even more!

I'm supposed to be going to Poland and Chzeck? Republic in July but the excitement has disappeared. I'd rather go back to Cambodia again. 

May do Vietnam next year. Or the Phillipines - I've been told that's another wacky place.

stunning part of the world, I regret not spending more time riding there

Hey Rob, Great ride report - looks like an awesome place. Missus and I were in KL some years back. Stunning architecture and those scooters and buzz bikes, 10 abreast at a traffic light and 4 rows deep!!
Great that you could spend some time with your son.

Went to Cambodia 3 weeks ago and fuck its hot!!!

Went right back to thailand and checked into a brothel with aircon. :D

Methinks you missed the bit about the Kareoke bar .....................  ;)

But still, nothing wrong woth your choice  :thumleft:

Spent two weeks with two mates biking around Cambodia back in 2005. Enjoyed it but it reminded me just too much of the squalor and poverty of Africa.
What was amazing that even after the horrific genocide that as a nation they just seemed to shrug their shoulders and get on rebuilding. Now that attitude you don't get in Africa.
On the positive side, everybody and everywhere was friendly and all spoke English. Very rare to find an old-timer who could still speak French. I think Pol Pot murdered the lot.
And the Kareoke bars were a hoot....

I reckon if the taxi bosses allowed scooters to be used here, as they are there, our people could be a whole lot better off.
the cambodians are free to do what they want where our lot are slaves to the taxi system.

Same with those hand-trucks - a means of transport for people and goods plus a tractor all in one.

Lekker RR Cracker.

Please, please, tell me why those petrol pumps have giant condoms on them??

AAHHH!!! I see…… Giant reusable condoms that smell like petrol, I'm sure the chicks smaak that stukkend, Cracker you da man!