Giro dei Canali di Brits (18 May 2008 >>> 08:00 start <<<<)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
18th May 2008

“Un altro giro grande dei canali del nord” – for those whose Italian is as non-existant as mine I think it means “Another tour of the canals of the North” – and if Parys is Paris then Brits must be Venice.

It’s been exactly a month since I did the North Canal ride with Zerc and the Wild Hearted Son, and the ride report resulted in quite a few dogs  requesting  routes and that we put together a follow-up ride.

And since my bike is on the trailer, my bag is packed, and the maps for the Newcastle weekend are printed, I am bored and scheming about another ride.

And I think is was Uncle who requested a little more warning next time we plan one – so here is the suggestion – we plan for another in, say, three to four weeks time. That way we can get all our quackers linear, do a bit of publicity and coercion, and hope for a big turnout.

I would suggest we position it as a noob and slowbie-friendly ride, as the route lends itself to that,  but I would hope that the faster folk would also come and we could have enough riders to make a few packets of varying speed.

I have merged a number of tracks of the routes together with my own, and reclicked it into a downloadable track as was requested by VMan.

Shall we do?  Suggested Dates? A Sat on Sunday?

Attachments

• Giro.jpg
    Giro.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 360
  • CanalsDefinRoute.gpx
    26.3 KB · Views: 51