Grandparents to be 4 day tour . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From here the wind was pumping and we were heading for Barkly East - our next and last overnight stop.

main.php

main.php

The hotel in Barkly East where we stayed.

main.php

Early morning in Barkly.  Just before we left.

main.php

Again - it was COLD - VERY COLD

main.php

main.php

Scenery between Barkly & Elliot

main.php

When my Grandfather died in - I think - 1970, my grandmother sold the farm and stayed in this house in Elliot.

When we passed Elliot, Glen's place was closed  ??? but I believe he was in Hogsback. 

Thunderstorms and rainclouds were building up and we thought that we must go straight home . . . , but I have to do one last thing in Indwe.  Visit the place where my dad worked and the place where my mother stayed as a young lady.  They met in +/- 1959 in Indwe.

main.php

main.php

Where my mom used to stay when she started working many moons ago. 

main.php

Where my dad used to work as a young man.

Dankie Ou Bees – dit was wonderlik en lekker.  Jy was a nice pillion en saam sal ons dit weer doen.

Nice RR and mooi pics.Always nice to see hubby and wife enjoying the riding together.

Lekker Jaco, bly om te sien ou Bees het dit ook geniet. 
Jou RR het ou herinninge terug gebring.

Ons is terug van Namibia, sal binnekort ons RR doen.

excellent RR meneer die burgemeester!!

start planning our sani trip for December please! sure we could get a lekker 4 day ride in and i am sure around 17 - 21 December we will  get at least 5 or 6 guys to join us. Maybe Big G although he did Sani last year and had 2 tumples ion thew way down. Pickle i am surew would be keen? Irish? Headmaster? Charl may be ready after his ride through africa in June? lets get a route and a plan for then. im definately in if you going! otherwise Big G and I are gonna do Die Hel and Baviaans????

BMWPE said:
Great report  :thumleft:
And a thumps up to your wife joining you  :thumleft:
Thanks

Skipskop said:
Nice RR and mooi pics.Always nice to see hubby and wife enjoying the riding together.

Laban said:
Lekker een JMOL!!

Thanks guys.
It is a challenge for her to ride with because of her back and she is a very nervous pillion, BUT I once read on the forum you ride as fast as what your pillion feels safe with and I can promise you that it changed a lot.

spoedvark said:
excellent RR meneer die burgemeester!!

start planning our sani trip for December please! sure we could get a lekker 4 day ride in and i am sure around 17 - 21 December we will  get at least 5 or 6 guys to join us. Maybe Big G although he did Sani last year and had 2 tumples ion thew way down. Pickle i am surew would be keen? Irish? Headmaster? Charl may be ready after his ride through africa in June? lets get a route and a plan for then. im definately in if you going! otherwise Big G and I are gonna do Die Hel and Baviaans????

Hmmmm - sal sien - bietjie baie werk wat voorle

Vis Arend said:
Lekker Jaco, bly om te sien ou Bees het dit ook geniet. 
Jou RR het ou herinninge terug gebring.
Ons is terug van Namibia, sal binnekort ons RR doen.

Thanks Louis - toe ek destyds jul trip gelees het, toe het nogal hieraan gedink  :mwink:

Nice ride report JMOL.  Well done Ou Bees!!!

What mileage did you do and how much of it was on gravel?

Well done Jaco and Milly ( better than Oubees! ) So are you now officially grandparents or is it a future occasion? We need to celebrate.

Well done Milly,
Jamol has often said that he would love to go on a ride with you, Well his wish has come true.  I am still trying to talk my wife into it. Maybe we can all go on a ride together sometime,

Jamol,  looking at the pictures there is no doubt about it, Milly is a lot prettier than you

Pickle said:
Nice ride report JMOL.  Well done Ou Bees!!!
What mileage did you do and how much of it was on gravel?
thanks Pickle - we did about 1 550km in total of which only 150 was gravel and that was only the first day  :mad:

My idea was to come back via Clifford (visiting family) to Dordrecht the last day, but it was wet and raining the previous night in Barkly and I didn't want to take Milly on that route when it's wet.

jnrbull said:
Nice RR JMOL, altyd lekker om so saam te travel as mens die RR lees.

Thanks - en so leer ons almal maar die ou landjie van ons ken  ;D

IRISH said:
Well done Jaco and Milly ( better than Oubees! ) So are you now officially grandparents or is it a future occasion? We need to celebrate.
No Sucks wait!!  The baby is only due in november.
LeonDude said:
Nice riding. Wish I could hop on my bike and go right now!  :thumleft:
Thanks - after reading some of the RR's I also just wanna go and ride :mwink:
KALLY said:
Well done Milly,
Jamol has often said that he would love to go on a ride with you, Well his wish has come true.   I am still trying to talk my wife into it. Maybe we can all go on a ride together sometime,

Jamol,  looking at the pictures there is no doubt about it, Milly is a lot prettier than you
Thanks - We can make a date.
Oh ya – you are entitled to your opinion (note – your opinion)   :laughing4:

Lekker RR. I would love my wife to pillion with me. We've done one or two short trips but she doesn't enjoy it. Someting about not liking it when the back wheel spins it up ever so slightly.
Great to see that Milly enjoyed it.

Just a thought, without hijacking JMol's thread, how about a pillion ride or even better, a pillion weekend.

LanceSA said:
Lekker RR. I would love my wife to pillion with me. We've done one or two short trips but she doesn't enjoy it. Someting about not liking it when the back wheel spins it up ever so slightly.
Great to see that Milly enjoyed it.

Thanks Lance.  I think it takes guts for the women to be a pillion as I would never be a pillion :mwink:

Vis Arend said:
Just a thought, without hijacking JMol's thread, how about a pillion ride or even better, a pillion weekend.

Thanks Visarend.  Kally was here tonight and we spoke about it. 

Check the space