Gs 1150 Adventure gearbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I just had my trusty steed serviced at Auto Atlantic (90 000 km) and was just boasting to friends how relyable these beasts are, when I notice a slight gearbox noise when in neutral and clutch out. It sounded like a release bearing on it's way out. I contacted Auto Atlantic to see if they were aware of the noise and was told that there was a note made on the job card but this was not communicated to me and I thought it not to be serious and I would get it seen to in the near future. I then decided to take the musses out for dinner on Friday night and on the N2 just before the R300 I start to feel something is not as it should be. The bike has now done +- 60km since the service.
I'm not saying that Bm had anything to do with the failure but that if they had informed me of there concern, serious damage could have been avoided.
So here is the thing, dose anyone know of a good used Adventure gearbox lying around? I have contacted LENOX who still has one with a possible 6th gear problem. I have also got another contact to follow up on but would like as many leads as possible.

Here are the symptoms! The box makes a rumbling noise in neutral with clutch out, when the clutch is pulled in the noise goer away. When riding at slow speed (wont try fast speed) I can here a louder rumbling and squeaking like nails on glass, and I can still select all gears. The noise stays the same in all gears.Welsh what you say?

I will be stripping it this week to see what is going on inside and am hoping that all is not lost. Will I need any special tools apart from the usual garage tools. I have mechanical skills so this should not be an issue.

Latest posts