GS1200 Won't start (Click Click Click noise) - Please help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drusteberg

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all

I own a 2006 GS1200 and over the past 3 months I've noticed that the battery has slowly but surely degraded to the extent that I'd have to hold thumbs to see if there was enough power to turn the motor.  It reached a point about two weeks ago (after standing for about 7 days) where I believed it had finally given up the ghost..  If I tried to start, all I would hear was a loud Click Click Click noise (Which I assumed was the battery engaging the solenoid but not having enough power to turn the motor.  
I bought a Benton BX-1(m) charger and charged the battery (Model: ETX14-BS) on the mode 1 which uses 0.8A current.  I can confirm that the battery was fully charged and that the voltage was constant at approximately 12.7V+.  
I tried again and heard the same noise.  I assumed the battery was properly poked and proceeded to buy a new one.  I charged the new battery once again in the same fashion, had it load tested and installed but once again I heard the Click Click noise.

I've subsequently confirmed that its not an electrical break to the starter by bridging a connection from the positive terminal directly to the starter and visa versa (with neg (Upon instruction from BMW)).  I've tried to push start, Ive tried to jump start and nothing seems to break the loud click click noise.

After a repetitive spell of clicking, the consol displays and "EWS!" notification

All wires are securely fastened.

Please can someone point me in the correct direction.. I don't know what else to do.

Thanking you in advance,
Dylan