Hallo all, i am new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hallo everyone, just want to say i am new here, and have been riding for the last 6 years now.

Ok here is my story, for those interested.  Hopefully the mods won't bust me over this.
I added on my profile that I own a Yamaha XT 660 R, i did but not anymore, had the bike for 5 years and had no issues.  I live in Pretoria and commuted to and from Tuks daily, gave me a
100 000km without issues at all.  After 4.5 year i decided i wanted an upgrade and went on a research spree and researched numerous bikes.
My short list was basically, Honda VFR 1200, BMW K1200S, BMW K1200R, Yamaha R1, RSV4, Kawasaki ZX-14, and also wanted a Ducati 1098 REALLY bad, but was quickly removed from my list after a test drive, didn't want a R 1200 GS/adventure bike as i do not require the off road ability as I don't go off road.  Spent about 6 month looking and saving up for a deposit at the same time.

The bike I bought wasn't even on my short list went for a test drive as it was the first time i saw the bike after having ridden the above.  I bought a BMW K1200 GT, as i really just was impressed and was just a great touring bike.  18 months later I bought my second one a K1300GT and still have both.

Have went to a couple of rallies, Rhino(underwhelmed), Paradise(Cold as hell) and so far my favourite the Poison, will go again at the end of the year.  I do not have a "Club" that i belong to I really just enjoy the riding and spending time with my Dad and Brother at the Rallies.  And went to Jeffereys bay over December, the weather was great and almost every day we went to the beach and drove around in the surrounding in the afternoon.

Latest posts