Hallo from down under / Doer onder!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hallo I live in Brisbane since the beginning of this year. 

Have not replaced my GS after having parked it in a cow just below the Makgadikgadi pans en route to Letlakhane as I was saying good bye to the pans one last time. 

I miss my friends (Phillip, Chris, Coert and Cas) the bike and Southern Africa's freedom.  The problem here is that you HAVE to stick to the speed limit.  I am afraid after being used to drive without a number plate and at a speed I felt comfortable with back in SA, I might lose it at these speeds (50 - 100) and get myself in trouble. 

Another issue is the PRICE of GS here compared to the other makes.  It is comparatively more expensive than in SA!! Way more!! So if you plan on coming over this side of the world make sure you bring your bike with you.  No worries! (Just don't write it off the month before you intend shipping it!!)

None the less, I am planning to replace the Beemer as soon as I have acclimatised to driving at a crawl speed.

Cannot wait for the outback!