Hands needed - constructing a Pulse-jet powered Bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStriker

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
This is my monkeybike. A Honda Z50 Mini Trail
it is powered by a 50cc 4-stroke petrol engine. It's not very fast and generally unimpressive.
It is however, a lot of fun to ride

01ry0.jpg

so I've been thinking... what if I take out the engine and fit a propane tank and two small Lockwood Hiller Valveless Pulse-Jets.
They make a lot of noise, are good for a laugh and is a bit on the dangerous side...

05tz0.jpg

I need some assistance in the form of a welder and a pipe bender. Can someone in the Cape Town region keen for a bit of fun please volunteer a Saturday or two in the construction of this pulse-jet bike. I don't have the money to pay you but we can all take turns in riding this evil puppy. How's that?

Please PM me if you are interested and let me know if you can provide either a welder, a pipe bender, lots of metal, flammable gas or if you are currently employed as a rocket scientist.
I will be out of town for the rest of the week but should be back next Sunday to check for any responses.
Thanks guys!
O0

Here is a link and some some video clips for you to watch if you don't really know what a pulse-jet is:

Pulse-Jet dot com

Click here to see a first try for a home made bi-pulsejet-trike, with two hiller lockwood jets on an airfield in holland

Click here to see New Zealand's Missileman built what is probably the world's only twin-pulsejet-powered dragster. Temuera Morrison (the actor who played Jango Fett in Star Wars) takes the ride of his life on this crazy-dangerous machine.

Click here to see the pulse-jet go-kart that appeared in the Jet Racers episode of the cult TV series Scrapheap Challenge.

On a side note...monkeybikes are pretty rare these days so I hope we don't blow it up. We should spend some time testing the jets before fitting them to the monkey. This is going to be so much fun!