• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Have a DR (or XR) you want to set free?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westfrogger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
(Just thinking out loud)

HAVE
2006 F650 GS (that'd be the twin-spark model) with 21" front wheel and some other extras and add-ons. 60K km but in good overall and original condition (I lie: have wider foot pegs) etc. Great bike, I am very happy with it.

WIFE HAS
DR650 (and some great physical, um, assets).

LIFE
... changed two years ago when I moved out of Cape Town to sleepy Langebaan. My biking needs also changed and riding 120-odd km/h on a highway is something I seldom do these days.

SOOO
... I am thinking that perhaps the wife was right after all and a DR (or the like) is the smarter option. I like the idea of two mechanically identical (DR) or similar (XR) bikes when doing trips. I like the simplicity of the Japanese thumpers and the lack of weight of the DR.

SOOO, PART II
If any of you lot have a DR you would consider trading for a beaut of a schwarze Münchener motorrad mit grosse power und fenzy buttons und elektroniks zen you kontakt me un I vill show you ze pikturez, ja!

Otherwise I will just keep it and continue ragging my wife about her shitty hard seat.  :lol8: