Haynes manual and parts needed on a XT500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plotrot

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hello!!!!!

I am attempting to restore an XT 500..... She has had a hard life. And then she got handed to a fella with way to much spray paint knocking about...

I started working on her about a year ago and sort of lost interest. But last week I was having a smoke in the garage, and decided to kick it in the guts and check for a spark. And a bright blue spark lit up the room. Since then I have stripped it down to the bone. All the major organs looks intact.

I'm trying to find a gasket set,valve stem seals, cam chain and the correct capacitor. As the one fitted is too big and the cover doesn't fit. I would like to return her to her former glory and I am a bit fussy when it comes to the rebuild so I want to get it right the first time.

Is there someone out the with a workshop manual? Willing to sell? Swap? Ive got Haynes manuals on Kawa Zx range and zzr. BMW gs650, and so on. Cant remember off hand what else. Ive also got Haynes manuals on electrical, fuel systems and allround bike maintenance. And the odd car.

I need a lot of bits on the XT500 so if you have or know who has parts.... Please get in touch. And if you have knowledge on them... I have beer!!!! :sip: And a braai!!!!

I should have taken pics before starting to butcher shouldn't I???  :patch:

Any hoodle. Thanks in advance.