HDT Diesel Kawasaki - More info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of it?

• Sounds like The Man has a plan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather walk than ride this tractor

• I don't want to vote on this issue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuckyStriker

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Most of you have heard of the Diesel KLR. Unfortunately the US and UN armed forces seem to be the only customers. It probably won't be a comercial success if sold to Joe Public but I'm curious to know if this is a viable option for round the world bikers - here are some info and pics:

July 18, 2005 The concept of a diesel motorcycle is not one that has occurred to a lot of people ? at least not many have thought about it for long because despite a rich century of innovation in motorcycling, only a handful of diesel motorcycles have existed and until very recently, they have all been utility vehicles ? bikes designed to get great economy on fuel of questionable quality in rugged and remote regions and said diesel two-wheelers had no performance pretensions. As we all know, diesel technology has come a long way in recent times and now the sans-sparkplug engine promises a renaissance thanks to its low emissions, good power output and low consumption ... and like so many aspects of technology, it was the muscle of the military dollar that brought the world's first modern production diesel motorcycle into being.

Click here if you want to read the rest of the article

Click here if you want to know more