Hello from UK - hope to visit shortly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hello, just thought I would drop in here and say hello and introduce myself before asking questions.  I am planning  a trip to South Africa, Namibia and Botswana in May and June next year lasting about 5-6 weeks. I stress planning - the costs seem to be soaring to almost unaffordable).  We will be shipping or flying the bikes out and back and only having ever been to Morocco on the African continent will have loads of basic questions - more later though and in the right forum.

Bikes are 2 x Xt660r's which we have just got and need to kit out and get ready for the trip.  660r's are not that popular in the UK whereas they seem to be much more so in South Africa. 

BTW love the forum and I have spent the last week or so browsing through Vis Arend's epic thead on his and his wife's trip through Namibia on an XTZ1200 - one of the best ride reports I have ever read on any forum anywhere.  If my trip is half as good as his was i will be a happy man and the cost of shipping the bikes will be tiny in comparison to the value of the trip.