Hello there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre v S

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hello Pack, my name is Andre and I landed here via Facebook after so many bikers I met on my rides have expressed dismay by the fact that I owned an Adventure bike and yet never joined the WD's. It started affecting my self-esteem so here I am. I had a look around this MASSIVE forum and now I understand the dismay. All the answers I've been looking for were safely stored here. What a treasure, honestly!

I used to ride a KTM 990 adv which kept the adrenaline flow consistent but often frustrated me because of its low fuel autonomy. So when the new 1190adv came into the market last year I didn't care much about anything else but the large tank and the fuel efficiency. As a side effect I discovered two fundamental factors: 1. the meaning of velocity, 2. that when you receive a speed fine with a blank amount it doesn't necessarily mean that it's free of charge. In fact, you have all kind of charges.

However, from an off-road point of view I've lost the confidence I had with the 990. I find standing very tiring as my legs seem too long for my arms forcing me to either stretch my legs and bend forward, as if I'm trying to propel myself with farts, or stretch my back and squat on an invisible armchair. The latter works fairly well, actually, but I'm not the fittest person so I can only last for a short period of time. Namibia is out of discussion.

Handlebar risers helped to a point but not much. Therefore, I'm thinking of getting a street bike just to keep the financial flow to the Traffic Department steady and avoid boredom amongst the State Prosecutors and possibly trade the 1190 for a 450/690 or even punish myself and get one of those BMW thingies (just kidding, I still don't deserve that).

So this is me. I'm very pleased to meet you guys and I look forward to learn as much as I can and share the little I know.