Hi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MightyMongoose

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi Forum types.

I have an XR250 Tornado, but they don't list it so I just picked the 125 in my profile.. I joined here after looking through the posts in search of something faster.

I rode a 50cc years ago and got the 250 to get back into riding, I have ridden it all over and it has been a blast, now I need more power, but still love the off road experience. So far it seems the right bike to upgrade to on my budget is the DR650, a second hand one. Or a new one and trade in my XR, (Really rather not) I see a lot of Honda bashing on the forum, a bit sad because I love my XR250, point it in a direction and it gets you there. (Yes..slower than your two million rand bike... sadly you missed the view on the way huh?)

:pot:  ;)

But I do need something that doesn't find itself in front of a speeding taxi when I am on the road. And of course I want to keep up with the dreaded BMW my cousin has, and still be able to go crazy in the dirt.

Thanks to all the guys on the forum for all the information I have gleaned here, that makes buying a new bike a more informed (yet infinitely more difficult) choice.

Happy trails.
MM