Hogsback Mountain - no cowboys were harmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Wino.  Nice to see the city of my youth, Rosendal.....  I enjoyed the story, thank you!  :)

Wino,

One thing that both you and Groenie (and a few others) did right this year: The BASH was only a small part of the adventure.

Groenies words to me last night, have rung so true with your report. The BASH is the mother of all events each year (or it should be).
Why rush there and back? Rather plan a few extra days and make an extra special trip to remember.

Nice report

Well done Wino! You only do about two reports a eyar, but every one of them is outstanding! :thumbsup:

Trailrider said:
Did you do Katberg with the TA?

You make it sound like it should be near impossible? Well, I even did it on the KLE, not loaded though. Just take it slow and through she goes!

nicki said:
Trailrider said:

You make it sound like it should be near impossible? Well, I even did it on the KLE, not loaded though. Just take it slow and through she goes!

Well, we were lost so we may not even be talking about the same road?

Are you talking about the road between Seymor and Wittlesea, or the section that turns off to Tarkastad? (The one we came over)

Your pictures are simply amazing, it's obvious that you put allot of effort into taking pictures that on their own tells a story.

a Report must make you get of your ass and go ride, this one does it for me.

Awesome pics there Wino. Thanks for the ride, awesome to ride with you again (we should do it more often). Makes me want to go and ride it again tomorrow....

Jeez those pics suck you right in! Those are the type of pics I see myself take, but they never are. Is it the equipment or again like KiLRoy said, the operator?

What equipment do you use? For those of us that need all the help we can get.

Nice tale too!

Trailrider said:
nicki said:
Trailrider said:

Are you talking about the road between Seymor and Wittlesea, or the section that turns off to Tarkastad? (The one we came over)

Yes, Katberg is sort of between Seymour and Whittlesea.

nicki said:
Trailrider said:
nicki said:
Trailrider said:

Yes, Katberg is sort of between Seymour and Whittlesea.

We came over some rocky mountain trail that T'd into that road. Before the T we were stopped at a gate where we had to sign a book which I signed as "WD Bash Baby!" Then we rode almost all the way to Wittlesea before we realized we were heading in the wrong direction.

Sorry for the 9/11 Wino

Great report and pictures, makes you feel that you were there on the one hand and fills you with regret on the other that you were not.

It was actually your report of "of dust and men" which served as my inspiration to join the dogs and this reports serves as another excellent example of a fine ride report.

I really need to get past the SWMBO this December and strech my legs a little on a decent long ride or I am not going to be ablem to read any more ride reports.

Hey there this was my absolute favourite report about Hogsback i am bumping in the hope that the upcoming bash wil be just as good new dogs enjoy this stunning bash report

saw the thread and i thought "ride report by wino? no ways"

then checked the date - and yes 3 years old  :biggrin:

the_BOBNOB said:
saw the thread and i thought "ride report by wino? no ways"

then checked the date - and yes 3 years old  :biggrin:

one of the 1st RR i read when joining the WD's -still one of my fav's  :thumleft:

and yeah -been a long while since Wino posted a RR  :patch:

Nice RR. Het in Jamestown grootgeword, Later Aliwal Noord. Lekker dorpies en nice paaie.