I filled in "Adventure"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"As for the Cruiser idea, no, never again!"

That is exactly where I am at the moment in my biking life. Currently riding a cruiser (BMW K1300GT), but am also seriously considering going the GS route. During September I was part of a group that toured part of the west coast, including the parts you describe in your report. It was during that trip that I made the decision to get a GS, as the guys with DS bikes had all the fun. They also rode the dirt road next to the N7 and the 'toll road' next to the train tracks.

I enjoyed your report, why don't you paste a copy thereof here?

cruizaman said:
I enjoyed your report, why don't you paste a copy thereof here?

Cruizaman, no offense! I am sure that a cruiser has it uses, but to me the only difference between the two is that the GS can go where the cruiser goes but the cruiser cannot always go where the GS goes.

As for copying the report. I spend quite some time getting the post written and editing the pics, etc that by the time I am finished with my blog, then I hardly have the time and energy left to repeat it here AND on the BMW forum. If it was just for copy and paste then no problem, but each picture has to be loaded separately again.

Oh, and thanks for reading my report....

Some of the best rides are the ones where one gets a bit lost, thanks for sharing  :thumleft:

Read a few paragraphs when the firewall bit me... ??? As an ex-CTonian this is interesting...

justasurferdude said:
Cruizaman, no offense! I am sure that a cruiser has it uses, but to me the only difference between the two is that the GS can go where the cruiser goes but the cruiser cannot always go where the GS goes.

Agree 100%, that's why I will be going the GS route!

Good RR. Thanks Justasurferdude.

Detour:
I just got a R100 fine for going over the Graafwater bridge at a speed of 71km/h on a Sunday afternoon at 1400 in July 2013 while returning from Namibia in a Kombi! The same road you took.

Is this an easy collections strategy or what?!!!
End of Detour☺

I work for a place that has no sense of humour..

Attachments

• Capture3PNG.PNG
    Capture3PNG.PNG
    53.1 KB
great report amazing photo,s ja sometimes it is great to get lost just ask the Eastern Cape Toppies

thanks for the great report