I learnt some things last weekend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

63magic

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
I learnt that I have not forgotten how important the mind is, and that if you truly believe you can do it, you can!

I learnt that a little patch of sand is not so bad...

I learnt that my bike is far more capable than I thought, and far more capable than her owner (at this stage)! She pulled like a trooper, never said no (well ok, she did once or twice but I persuaded her on the go to get going again) and generally saved her owner's skin and ego a few times!

I learnt that standing up is actually much better than sitting down when going 60 km/h on a gravel sinkplaat pad!

I learnt that you must not look at the obstacle! (yes, I know Kurt and Peter and Malibu told me this before I went on my virgin dirt voyage, but I nearly found out just how important it is going up Breedt's Nek on the last bend... that was a scary moment!)

I learnt that there are some awesome people (girls and guys) on the Wild Dog Forum...who are more than willing to share what they have learnt and great people to share life's experiences with... thanks and kudos to them!

So here's to them, my bike, and me!

may we all share many more happy miles and smiles!

Attachments

• at the start.jpg
    at the start.jpg
    106.5 KB
Malibu said:
And I learnt that new riders can truly impress you! 

You rode like a star!   :thumleft:

thanks!

and thank you for that last little pass (the dirt squirt), was just what i needed!  :ricky:

You just keep on going and keep on learning and acquiring new skills thats the biggest room for improvement :thumleft: :thumleft:

GO GIRL said:
You just keep on going and keep on learning and acquiring new skills thats the biggest room for improvement :thumleft: :thumleft:

well, when I hit CT on my (off) road trip around SA I will buzz your front door and ask some of my (very many) questions! From the RAW pics you have a lot to share!!  ;D

63magic said:
GO GIRL said:

well, when I hit CT on my (off) road trip around SA I will buzz your front door and ask some of my (very many) questions! From the RAW pics you have a lot to share!!  ;D

You just keep your end goal  in mind ... :mwink: and hey everytime I am in the dirt/sand ...as Sandman says I am scared
s!@#$$less!!! and always ready to share.....

I still want to do long trips as well...s'pose its just a matter of sitting down and planning....

enjoy the journey to getting to your goal..... :thumleft:

Good stuff! Well on the way on the learning curve! Will just get better and better.

Keep it up! 8) :thumleft:

Nice 63Magic, I think you have a good and capable bike. Happy riding!  :thumleft:

thanks for sharing 63M  :thumleft: a possitive attitude goes a long way  :thumleft:

Wow! And may you have many more of those great accomplishments in future.  This is the spirit of adventure riding  ;)