I picked up a screw last night,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
but I only really realized it this morning. I figured that the correct place to post my story was here in Ride Reports.  :ricky:

SCRW01.jpg

So after all of the happenings in the photo above , I did actually get to go for a little ride.

I went past Gordon'sbay and just could not resist taking a pic of all the little sail boats in the bay.

SCRW02.jpg

Then at the viewpoint on the R44 I saw lots and lots of shoals of sardines. Seems they were lost a bit .

SCRW03.jpg

SCRW04.jpg

I spotted a red XR in front of my on the R44 and recognized Bailey on his scoot ( and then proceeded to call him Chris. Sorry Richard  :redface: :redface: felt like a tit afterwards).

SCRW05.jpg

I took some pics in Betty's bay

SCRW06.jpg

SCRW07.jpg

And then went on to go up the Highlands road.

SCRW08.jpg

SCRW09.jpg

SCRW10.jpg

SCRW11.jpg

The first part of Highlands road is as crap and loose and corrugated as ever.

Once in the Elgin valley I pretty much followed my front wheel. Made numerous u-turns and rode up and down lots of small little roads and took some pics here and there.

SCRW12.jpg

SCRW13.jpg

SCRW14.jpg

Also came across this dam wall.

SCRW15.jpg

and river crossing

SCRW16.jpg

SCRW17.jpg

By this time my stomach was sending some very rude messages to my brain as far as food was concerned. And given the fact that I had skipped both supper last night and breakfast this morning my mind had to agree that my stomach had a point and so I headed home.

Took just two more pics at the Sir Lowreys'pass lookout point before I got home.

SCRW18.jpg

SCRW19.jpg

HAhahahaha  - Thank you.

Hoe lekker lag ek nou.

So you got a screw and felt a tit in one weekend.
Cool  :thumleft:

gwild said:
Should have come with us, 380km and only about 150km of tar, very nice

Only had enough fuel in the tank for about 150 km. Yellow light now on. Wallet empty. Problems to be solved next week.

But thanks for the invite though. Looking forward to your RR

DirtyHarry said:
Hando, I can really see great riding passion in your RR's. Love it.

+1

great photos too.

Thanks guys.

wilddoc - a frutratingly small cannon mik en druk.

I do own a Canon SLR as well, but too much PT to use when biking.

Was it easy to get to that dam wall?

Gates locked previous attempt for me >:D

Isn't that part of the Rockview dam scheme,  water going up and down to generate electricity

Nice little day outride  :ricky:  :thumleft:

dual said:

Isn't that part of the Rockview dam scheme,  water going up and down to generate electricity

Dual - just after that bridge there was a gate. with lots of no entry / survivors will be shot / etc signs. So being the law abiding citizen I turned around.

IT seems to be part of the Rockview dam yes.

I must say , this is the one thing about the farm roads here in this area. They all end up being dead end roads with no throughfare. In the Freestate and EC there are lots of dirt roads as well , but at least they go somewhere.

Geotraveller - You do realize that all of this is your doing ??? ??  ;)  hahaha

And I will be forever thankful. 

Geotraveller - You do realize that all of this is your doing ??    hahaha

Me!! I was'nt even there. Enjoy my friend and keep on keeping on.

There are always really nice places out your side, to head out for a quick ride.

Gr8 photos,... as always. Thanks for sharing, Buddy. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hando said:
dual said:

Isn't that part of the Rockview dam scheme,  water going up and down to generate electricity

Dual - just after that bridge there was a gate. with lots of no entry / survivors will be shot / etc signs. So being the law abiding citizen I turned around.

IT seems to be part of the Rockview dam yes.

I must say , this is the one thing about the farm roads here in this area. They all end up being dead end roads with no throughfare. In the Freestate and EC there are lots of dirt roads as well , but at least they go somewhere.

Geotraveller - You do realize that all of this is your doing ??? ??   ;)  hahaha

And I will be forever thankful. 

I was fortunate to have travelled that road (invited) all the way back to the tar coming from Highlands Road. Very beautiful farms around there.  :thumleft:
Also love to stop at that Dam wall and just enjoy the peace. :3some:

Attachments

• Dam.jpg
    Dam.jpg
    148.8 KB