ideas please: practical approaches to first aid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have been playing with the idea of compiling a practical guide to first aid out in the field, not to be a replacement for proper first aid training or medical treatment. But a simple thread with approaches to common injuries that have or might be encountered while out in the bush

The reason for this thought, is that I have been riding with many people and over many terrains. What I have realised is that although I have the knowledge, skill and tools to treat most injuries...the other people often don't. This makes for the possibility of having a small injury becoming a bigger problem afterwards

Think that something like this will give more people more confidence when encountering problems, and make the outdoor experience more enjoyable.

My thoughts and concerns thus far:
1) information like this will not replace formal fist aid training or the need for medical consultation
2) there is no legal bond between the information in such a thread, and the outcome of treatment when applied (this aspect is becoming an ever more concerning part of medicine), all information will however be screened and approved as it is posted
3) would like the input and participation from other trained people, we have many medical personnel on this forum and it will be great if they will also give their input through out
4) might be great to have a separate section for this, thus it will be easy to have more directed browsing. This way people can easily get to the information they have more interest in
5) might be a good idea to start with injuries that occur more often

So now, please give you input. Would like to know whether this is something you will want me to persue. Will take it from there then