In Search of Blue Balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Kuun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So, we have decided to take a trip up north, where Blue Balls hang freely from towbars, and more specifically to my home town Phalaborwa,  in December. We will leave from Stellenbosch and I would like to do Baviaans, and Lesotho. I only have 5 days though.

I was thinking something in the line of Stellies to somewhere in the Baviaans on day 1, Baviaans to where the hell ever (maybe like Aliwail North or Kokstad or something) day 2, Aliwal North or whatever through Lesotho and to Sani top chalets on day 3, from Sani Top to Pretoria on day 4 and from Pretors to Phallies on day 5.

PROBLEM is I have never done Baviaans or Lesotho and have no idea of time estimation as to how long it will take. I want to avoid tar as much as possible, maybe go to Katse and do a bit of scenery but dont want to do the mountain-goat thing as I have 2 newbies with me.

Can anyone maybe give a few tips on a cool route and on potential times to get through Baviaans and maybe cross Lesotho?

Thanks and Cheers