intro and already need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi all,

This is my first post here and am hoping it is more successful than the one below I posted on another site! I think you will see my problem when you see my previous posting below....

Am in Kenya with a XRV 750, africa twin, with a knackered front wheel...... Trying, and I mean really trying to find a new one.

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Jamie

Hi There,

I have been searching the net in vain for a front wheel for my RD04...I have seen lots of advice on the threads here for places I can get mine rebuilt, but sadly these arent an option, as I am in kenya.

For me to remove the front wheel, send it to the uk, get it sorted, and bring it back, would leave a paper trail longer than my arm, take forever, and cost......

My only option therefore, unless anyone has any other ideas, is to find a reasonable second hand one in europe but preferably the uk, then I can arrange for a mate there to buy it, and get it sorted out, and send it out to me here. phew....well its kind of a plan.

Anyway, so my plea goes out to anyone with a reasonable front wheel rim for an RD04, that they wish to part with, please let me know.

Otherwise any other suggestions to keep me on the road much appreciated.....Currently riding around on a rim missing various spokes, and slightly egg shaped....

Cheers...

Jamie, no offence but you are asking for someone to trust someone who's only just joined, has 1 post and comes from a country known for scams over the internet.

I'm not saying that you're a scammer but you might find that very few people will help especially when there's not much difference in the "paper trail" between you sending the wheel directly to someone like Hagon than you sending it to another forum member..

May I suggets you try https://wilddog.net.za/forum/ as they might know a more local place to help you especially as a lot of them do riding throughout Africa