Iron butt ride Saturday 12 Jan 2008 (Cape Town)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Camelman

Ahooi WD's! My boet and I are going to do a +/- 400km ride on Saturday the 12th of January 2008.

The route will be:

Table View - Ceres - Op die berg - Algeria - Clanwilliam - Calvinia - Op die berg - Ceres - Table View. All roads are gravel in different states and a little tar.

We will depart at 06:30 from the Caltex (I think) garage on Durbanville road near the N7.

About the route. I have done most of the route, some as recently as my December 2007 mission. Some of the roads were wet then, but still good enough for fast riding.

The weather on Saturday will be cool and cloady. Min 18, Max 23. Should be lekker to ride with all the protective kit on.

I don't think this is a novice or pillion ride, as we will have to move to do the distance, and have time to stop for a brekkie in Clanwilliam, Lunch in Calvinia and beers at Blouberg Strand.  ;D

Everybody interested must please ensure that they are kitted for a fall, and have the neccassary equipment to repair a flat as getting a back-up vehicle will be difficult as most of the road is outside of cellphone coverage.

We won't be going insanely fast, but will have to average a speed of 60 - 80 km/h, including stops.

Hope to see you there!