Itchy Boots - New Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the question of what influence she has on the bike market, I can only say that when we recently had a stand at the Shongweni Motorshow, most people that follow her was more mature and the 300 Rally was literally the show stopper, everyone wanted to check out Itchy Boots "bike".

However very few of her avid followers whom checked out her "bike" was actually riders and 0 sales out of them......................
Wonder how many of them are future riders?

What age is mature ... asking for a friend.

My father in law also watches her, I found out by chance when we came over the one day and I saw Itchy on the TV. He no longer rides, but he used to ride, with his last two bikes interestingly being Hondas.

Wonder how many of them are future riders?

What age is mature ... asking for a friend.

My father in law also watches her, I found out by chance when we came over the one day and I saw Itchy on the TV. He no longer rides, but he used to ride, with his last two bikes interestingly being Hondas.
He must be a real gentleman

Lots of thought and work went into this bike. This must have cost a fortune.
152kg is pretty damn good.

I would have thought they would have lowered the suspension internally rather than a lowering link and dropping the forks in the triple clamps.

Lots of thought and work went into this bike. This must have cost a fortune.
152kg is pretty damn good.

I would have thought they would have lowered the suspension internally rather than a lowering link and dropping the forks in the triple clamps.
Lowering links shorten the travel?

Interesting ...the Guy talk about her having a speedometer and a TACHOmeter on her GPS/"Computer" screen, that's why no dials, or "dash" has been retained/installed.
.....but how?

Interesting ...the Guy talk about her having a speedometer and a TACHOmeter on her GPS/"Computer" screen, that's why no dials, or "dash" has been retained/installed.
.....but how?
GPS can measure speed and distance, but can't really measure revs unless some connection to the engine.

Ja
That's why I'm wondering what he meant by tachometer.
Maybe I misunderstood
You can add a thingamabob to your sparkplug cable that checks how often the spark plug fires and transmits that via OMBD or bluetooth to your phone / display. Lots of Rally riders do that.

But Tach isn't really necessary

You can add a thingamabob to your sparkplug cable that checks how often the spark plug fires and transmits that via OMBD or bluetooth to your phone / display. Lots of Rally riders do that.

But Tach isn't really necessary
Ja maybe they will do such a thingiematjiek.....ze German does actually mention a tachometer.
I know you can attach such a thingie to a GPS and outboard, for example (even an older outboard).
But ja, just interesting.
Nice bike build this!!
His comments about rather going for a rear sprocket change, not go smaller on front, also interesting (and makes sense, longer chain and keeping the chain off the plastic bits as much as possible)

His concerns RE s/steel spokes, is this for all dirt bikes, or more specifically for this bike / wheelset only?
Stainless steel, if it is really corrosion resistant in it's composition, is terrible when it comes to vibration, flexing, etc.

They break much easier.