Jo'burg to Maritizburg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaTooMatt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It looks like I will be doing this route a lot in the next few months. As flying down is crazy expensive and driving a cage is boring I was thinking about biking it down. I have now done the main drag as time was an issue. Now I want to explore better alternatives.

Any advice on routes in the areas. I don't need a complete route as if you are in the area then you can give a section and maybe I can link them into an awesome trip. I will have kit for work with me so all up bike weight will probably be 240 kgs

Some limits. I am on 7500 km's old on my bike. Game for anything but crazy off-road stuff may be a bit much. Second I will be on my own. I want to keep it legal to avoid angry farmers. Max available time one way is 1.5 days.

I know there are some amazing passes down the berg. I was thinking if anybody had the co-ordinates for the old van Reenen's pass. Also linking the passes to various routes can be fun.

Let's see what you dogs have to offer.