Jules Ride to Potch Sunday 14th June

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what happened to my last reply - so it could come through twice??
Just a BIG thanks to Jules for organising yet another great ride. Another interesting day with very little dust. Sorry for not finishing the last bit but the AT's screen was bouncing around like a vibrator on steriods??? Found the cause - lots of off road ruff stuff? along with the goodie that holds the headlight and gauges in place has a T junction and the weld at the joint broke. Will be spending tomorrow (my day off) stripping the front end to have the weld re-done stronger this time (I hope). Will not be able to make the ride this Sunday as I will be in Durban watching the rugby.
Till next time -

Definitely keen for a Dullstroom ride. Maybe even stay over and enjoy all of the good things Dullstroom has to offer in front of a roaring fire?

i had a great day too, awesome actually - thanks Jules and Li ;)
my bike is tha bomb, everybody thinks so :D

And now, a word from the slow side of the pack...
Jules, thanx for a wonderfull trip, and for letting me come even though I havent done any dirt riding before.
It was the most fun I have ever had, and everyone was so friendly and supportive,  I felt very welcome.
Thanx also to Li, who stayed at the back with me the whole day, and to roxenz, who waited for me for extended periods of time at every turn and crossing.

And thanx to everyone else, it was fun riding out in a group, which was a first for me also.

Sorry Tankgirl, did not realise that. I am sure the mods can fix it.? I would assume that there are a whole lot more 650 riders than there are Loncin riders? Anyway, you know what you got and love!  :)

little_fire said:
And now, a word from the slow side of the pack...
Jules, thanx for a wonderfull trip, and for letting me come even though I havent done any dirt riding before.
It was the most fun I have ever had, and everyone was so friendly and supportive,  I felt very welcome.
Thanx also to Li, who stayed at the back with me the whole day, and to roxenz, who waited for me for extended periods of time at every turn and crossing.

And thanx to everyone else, it was fun riding out in a group, which was a first for me also.

+1

Thanks again guys. I also enjoyed the ride a lot.

I also ordered my two finger levers as I have the broken clutch lever now fitted to my bike. Hand guards are also happening this week for both me and little_fire. That should limit future expenses a bit...

[quote author=little_fire]It was the most fun I have ever had, and everyone was so friendly and supportive,  I felt very welcome.[/quote]hey you did awesome! was nice to meet you and bertrand, hope your hand feels sharp again!
catch you again on the next one, it's a lekker nasty habit  :D

[quote author=bertrand]Hand guards are also happening this week[/quote]barkbusters!! me too please  ;D

[quote author=lightning1]I am sure the mods can fix it.?[/quote]so am i but, hmmm whatever :D

Jules,
Thanks for a great ride. Was the Pit Vipa's first ride with the dogs and much enjoyed so I hope to get her along again in the future (on softer rides - complained of a sore bum)
Look forward to the next one.

tankgirl said:
i would, but like Smithey said there ain't a lotta cyber love & recognition for the G650 on wd.za... :p
hmmm, whatever.

:imaposer: Were u there ? The misery of cyber names...... or beer  :imaposer:

lightning1 said:
Definitely keen for a Dullstroom ride. Maybe even stay over and enjoy all of the good things Dullstroom has to offer in front of a roaring fire?
:thumleft: :thumleft: Great idea Lightning!! Count me in on that Jules plse  ;D ;D

THanks Jules
HAd a great time topped off by one of the best brekkies in a long while.
I am definately keen on a Dulstroom ride with an overnight stay as per Lightning and DD!

Dullstrom - when when when ???
The AT was fixed yesterday thanks to some help from a future WD. Good now for the trip to Dullstrom.

Thanks Jules, Li and co - had a nice relaxed ride.

I promised my two guests that I would have them back by 12, but we only got back late afternoon >:D

Tankgirl congrats on a great bike - I really like the xcountry and think that it is a classic in the making. You just need to make a plan with the rear plate carrier and indicators - not going to last long looking at the the way they vibrate. 

I know this is rather late Jules and Li, but i would like to say the ride was great - really enjoyed it!!

Also that the part of "looking for single tracks" through the rocks and grass was interesting!!!!  :)

Was lovely to have you along!

hope to see you on the next ride

Jules