KAROO 2013 with Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice RR.Thanks for sharing the experience.Some great pics as well

Thks
:)

Lekker trippie, net jammer julle het nie vir julle ma's geluister nie. Mens groet ander mense. Julle het 400m van my huis af geslaap en niemand kom groet nie. Skande.  :deal:

Gideon.  Dankie vir die roete.  EK gaan dit in Desember doen met die gesin & 4x4.  DIe tiger sal hierdie vakansie rus.  Dis hardseer maar ek het my beurt gehad die jaar met 4000 km trip en die Tiger het geen problem gegee nie.  Hoop ons ry binnekort weer n slag saam.

GIDEON said:
This was a dream started a year back. The Plan was to do the "Moordenaars Karoo". The Route was made and checked and rechecked, and the organising places to stay by Pieter and Marais. What a great job they did. The original 4 riders grew to 10. The Starting point was at Gariep dam. So the plan was 6 Days 2230km, 93% Dirt and the rest well Tar.

Well it had to change a bit for two of us. Willem and myself had to ride from Pretoria there and back. We added our tents for the trip and I included a stretcher, my plan was to stop sleeping on the ground my last tent trip can still be felt, could be age or South Africa don't do soft. 

So the GPS tracked us 3965km.

Very nice report on your trip Gideon thank you for sharing  :ricky:

Bie said:
Lekker trippie, net jammer julle het nie vir julle ma's geluister nie. Mens groet ander mense. Julle het 400m van my huis af geslaap en niemand kom groet nie. Skande.  :deal:
Seriously ek kon geld gespaar het  :thumleft: :imaposer:

GIDEON said:
Bie said:
Seriously ek kon geld gespaar het  :thumleft: :imaposer:

Ja, ons het min, maar ons deel graag.  :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing Gideon  :thumleft: Great RR and really nice pics. Karoo always a really nice place to ride.

Thanks for the RR

Thanks for the tracks.

Planning to do a Karoo trip  in Sept/Oct 2014 during the school school holiday.

Will give Bie and Jupiter a call, to ask for permission before we enter your valley.   

You may enter without permission, you may just not leave before greeting.  ;)

Thanks gideon, was great reading this and great pictures.
At the moment I can only read the ride reports and drool..... :drif: :drif:
Tiger is in storage and I am in Qatar.....will be back home for a visit end of Dec.

Ian

Awesome trip and great photos and RR. Well done!
What and why in your opinion were there so many punctures?
Seems crazy!

I think Murhy just wanted to show his face. Letting us know we should be thankfull.  :imaposer:
Most punctures were from off our dirt loving ground.
One showed his face in Town, was a nail, and mine was a piece of wire I collected at teh farmhouse.
The other one was also just as he left the tar.

And my final one was a learning curve never leave your valve open while traveling on dirt, replace the cup.

AAIBO!  All rather irritating! Nothing like a few punctures to test the teams sense of humour!

Awesome RR Gideon!!  :ricky:

Thanks for sharing!!

Love your route, might use some of it to plan a trip to George!!