Kei Mouth to Mazeppa Bay via tracks - short ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saklx650c

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
3 weeks ago Irish, ttr230 (we will call him this as he is not a WD, and he might owe some of you money  :deal:) and myself do a short trip from Kei mouth to Mazeppa.  Trailer bikes there which may not be considered ethical but the TTR230 not very good on the road.

Ferry crossing ttr strums a tune on the 3 string guitar borrowed from the local rasta one man band.

1 st river/rock crossing all done sucessfully

2nd crossing a bit more daunting.  TTR had to do it a couple of times as camera man was useless. 

Attachments

• ttr230 3 string.jpg
    ttr230 3 string.jpg
    198.2 KB
  • crossing.jpg
    crossing.jpg
    224.4 KB
  • leap frog.jpg
    leap frog.jpg
    193.9 KB
  • ttr230.jpg
    ttr230.jpg
    226.5 KB
Part 2

Some pretty awesome views and nice bush track riding. 

Attachments

• Irish crossing.JPG
    Irish crossing.JPG
    118.1 KB
  • footups.JPG
    footups.JPG
    115.7 KB
  • wet plastic.JPG
    wet plastic.JPG
    108.8 KB
  • grasslands.JPG
    grasslands.JPG
    81.5 KB
  • happy view.jpg
    happy view.jpg
    151.9 KB
Part 3

Final destination and some running repairs after falling and breaking a couple of things.

Attachments

• destination.JPG
    destination.JPG
    116.3 KB
  • repairs.jpg
    repairs.jpg
    194.1 KB
Dam,that's my home about 20 years ago.Stunning pics! Please take more and post when out there again.Old transkei boy. 8)

The Kei Pont is for me always a highlight.  Slippery enough to make your life interesting, then the marvelous view crossing.  Then the engine packs in once and whilst drifting towards the mouth you now understand why some guys put 900cc motors into wet bikes!