King 1190 adv R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Reg

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
All I can say is "I'm in love".... The 1190 adv R is a Machete destroyer..... I rode from my house in Knysna to Uniondale thru wet forest gravel and it felt like I was on a tar road. On the Klein Karoo side it flew at 190km/h on dusty roads not even a hint of instability.... I then climbed on to the tar from Oudtshoorn to Knysna Via George thru long straight and mountain passes. Two super bikes where ahead of me and I destroyed them like they were little PW's I hit 262km/h on my gps (true speed) on private property. Not the prettiest bike but without a doubt the most capable bike ever!

That's not even a joke mate and out here in the bosse I can't find tires for this bike....

262 on Private Property :eek7: George Airport?

Welcome Reg it seems you are too fast for these unbelievers :ricky:

Daai bikes is bef@k. Pas op vir jou rims! Ouens het al probleme opgetel. :deal:

Jondu said:

Kak man, daai rims is sterk  :peepwall:

262 GPS?

Ek lees dan van ouens wat net 238 GPS kon kry. Lyk my ons twee 1190's is die vinnigste  :laughing4:

Ek dink ook die R is befok  :ricky:   :ricky:

Manic said:
Jondu said:

Kak man, daai rims is sterk  :peepwall:

262 GPS?

Ek lees dan van ouens wat net 238 GPS kon kry.

Ek dink ook die R is befok  :ricky:   :ricky:

Se jy mos

Ou wat n 1190 se rim buig kan nie bike ry nie  :peepwall:

Thanks for the RR. I see more and more excellent reports on this bike. I am just afraid that this bike spells disaster. Previously the only bike where you could do 220km/h on a gravel road was an HP2 - reserved for a few hard core supporters. We are going to see a few fatalities on 1190s with people going fast just because they can and then running into trouble. Apologies if I sound like your mother but a DS bike doing 260km/h?! Impressive but fatal...

Ek is in knysna, praat met Bruce by BF Motorcycles vir tyres, andersins, die Superbike crowd kry meestal tyres by Battery and Tyre world (aka Dirty Dave)  :thumleft:

Jacobsroodt said:
Thanks for the RR. I see more and more excellent reports on this bike. I am just afraid that this bike spells disaster. Previously the only bike where you could do 220km/h on a gravel road was an HP2 - reserved for a few hard core supporters. We are going to see a few fatalities on 1190s with people going fast just because they can and then running into trouble. Apologies if I sound like your mother but a DS bike doing 260km/h?! Impressive but fatal...
My gedagtes ook... "Just because you can does not mean you should."

Kyk, die ouens gaan short kom en dis nou maar klaar. Miskien ek ook nog, het alreeds so twee "ampers" gehad.

Hy gaan die manne gooi, en dis nou maar klaar.

Almal praat juis van die nuwe "Widow Maker" alklaar.

Manic said:
Kyk, die ouens gaan short kom en dis nou maar klaar. Miskien ek ook nog, het alreeds so twee "ampers" gehad.

Hy gaan die manne gooi, en dis nou maar klaar.

Almal praat juis van die nuwe "Widow Maker" alklaar.

Thats why I fitted lower speed rated tyres, forces me to keep it below 180km/h!

RobC said:
Jacobsroodt said:
My gedagtes ook... "Just because you it can does not mean you should can."

;)

The Reg said:
All I can say is "I'm in love".... The 1190 adv R is a Machete destroyer..... I rode from my house in Knysna to Uniondale thru wet forest gravel and it felt like I was on a tar road. On the Klein Karoo side it flew at 190km/h on dusty roads not even a hint of instability.... I then climbed on to the tar from Oudtshoorn to Knysna Via George thru long straight and mountain passes. Two super bikes where ahead of me and I destroyed them like they were little PW's I hit 262km/h on my gps (true speed) on private property. Not the prettiest bike but without a doubt the most capable bike ever!

I would like to see these roads that you have mentioned that you tore up? I have just done all that you have mentioned. And dont think there are any that one could clock, even 160 and do it safe :pot:
Never less a 100km more than that??

The Reg said:

The R has apparently a 10% over read, meaning you were at about 290 km/h on the dial on dirt?

:patch: :biggrin: