KLr 650 nice Offroad - Saturday FUN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryhcs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi there! I just came back form my Saturday fun! I did some naaas offroading and Ill share some pics.

So Ill make this my first super small ride report of 1 hour..

A nice view over looking Sandton and Fourways from a safe side in the West..
29052010047.jpg

Going down a nice hill into the valley. Not really hard core, just allot of loose rocks, and allot of fun!
29052010048.jpg

At the bottom of the valley, the last part can become a bit of a scary if you take the wrong line. Oh these photos make it look so easy! Probably is..
29052010049.jpg

Going back up the other side of the hill. A really nice ride, and very picturesque
29052010050.jpg

Now this part got tricky! I thought Id give it a try cause it didn't look that bad, then half way poped a bit of a wheely and lost traction...down down..
29052010051.jpg

From the other side.  This hill is REALLY steep, and there is some big ass rocks! The hard part is to pick the bike up and climb on, cause it wants to go down. And its in an awkward position, cause you now have to try to turn the bike and the it just slips away.
29052010052.jpg

Finally on top of the hill! I was sitting here trying to catch my breath and really really tired! Felt like I just did waits in the Virgin Active with those big boys...haha.  oh this is my hand...
29052010054.jpg

I think I must have fallen down like 10 times, and this hill took me probably 30minutes!But I do like my bike even more!

Cherios

Thanks for sharing,looks like you had fun.I bet those crash bars paid for themselves today.Did you have any damage to the bike,and how did you manage picking the bike up on that slope,must have been a bitch to pick up . i dropped my KLR in the sand yesterday and battled to pick it up by myself,only realized later I had a full tank and 10kg`s in the top box :(.I`m busy designing  crash bars for the back sides of the bike as well now.

Hell of a solo ride,thanks :thumleft:
That's why I have a big riding buddy. ;D

Brave...it's amazing how the bike puts on weight the longer you ride and the more you fall....that why there is a cold beer at the end!

Yea, picking it up was like 'AAAAAAH' screaming and then putting it all in. I think If someone was there to see it, they might have thought the guy is a little crazy.But I have to say, Im am fortunate to big a bit big, so that played a roll I guess :).

I actually got thos crash bars on Friday! If I didn't have them on I would not have been on that rode. They really served their purpose well and a good investment indeed. Im taking my one friend here next Saturday with his 950...Ill take the video cam with...thats all Im saying...hehehe...evil laugh

Nice one!  Would be interesting to try that with the GSA  >:D

I would like to see that, could be interesting. Dam it must be hard picking that bike up on a slope like that

KwaiPappaGaai said:
I would like to see that, could be interesting. Dam it must be hard picking that bike up on a slope like that

:imaposer:  Without a slope it's hard  :patch:

hehe, then that will be interesting going up there Marnus. I have allways had a soft spot for the GSA, I think one day Ill get one, they do look the nicest of them all!