KLR Walkerville Sunday 2009.05.10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SlowMow & Caroline. The smile on Mrs SlowMow says it all and the ride had not yet started.
SDC10523.jpg

Doctor KLR
SDC10524.jpg

Don't let the Dakar tank sticker fool you, it's really a KLR
SDC10526.jpg

Even KTM riders all wish they had KLR's
SDC10527.jpg

The climb up the Ski Slope. A brave rider, getting up halfway.
SDC10528.jpg

Ski Slope Top.
SDC10529.jpg

Biker doing the downhill
SDC10530.jpg

Great crossing through long wild grass
SDC10531.jpg

Mud Mosters were wide and deep...close calls for some riders
SDC10532.jpg

Eager to get across and under the bridge
SDC10533.jpg

Don't forget to wash behind the ears ..boys. Half way across there is a drop of about 1/2 metre, which is scary. A couple of stalls in the water, but no drownings reported.
SDC10534.jpg

SDC10535.jpg

Almost down, but rescued before dropping.
SDC10536.jpg

The wanna-be KLR, really enjoying the slip and slide
SDC10537.jpg

The final run down, heading towards Henley-On-Klip and Boswell Wilke Circus.
SDC10538.jpg

Classic Quotes of the Day

Rider to Doctor KLR at 07:30, in the very cold morning, before the ride....
"Hey, Graham...howz about you wake up your wife to make us some coffee".
Our host was too scared of his missus, so he brought out the kettle, coffee and even ...yes...cold choclate milk........ I wondered what would happen if I asked for toast with jam.

Mrs SlowMow to Cono, after she crossed a rather large mud monster, waiting for SlowMow to arrive.....
"I don't trust you, you fall too much" ....this after SlowMow said he was not going to cross over and will tar it to the next point. She was stranded and was not going to walk across again to SlowMow. I offered to ride her over, but she got onto the BMW. "SNOB".

We sat down for lunch at the BlockHouse Wimpy, in the fish bowl smoking section. 12 dirty and wet WildDogs walked in and the Sunday/Mothers day Dinners, gobbled down their food and left in a hurry.
Rider said..... "Now let's move and sit in the non-smoking section, we'll have the whole Wimpy to ourselves".

SlowMow lost power on the bike at one stage. I was tired of pushing him down the gravel road and the bike would not start. Graham got on and a small push and the bike started up again. SlowMow says " How did you do that" I said .."He turned on the ignition" ....he looked confused.

The classic that morning was Doctor KLR's 2x poodles trying to "hump" the Alsatian ........ someone said ... "maybe you should give that dog a box to stand on".
Real Wild Dogs in action, in the cold early hours of the morning.

I'll not be missing the next ride. Thanks Guys and Doll for a great day.

Bloody buggers!  Wish I was there.  This month and next just too hectic.

Thanks for stuffing up my (work) concentration!

Will be doing another Walkerville ride early June,by then the grass would have burnt making the ride +100 and safer.Once again only KLR's[250,600 and650]PLUS some spare stickers for the others!!!!!!!!!Will keep you posted.

Latest posts