KTM 950 Adventure... Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGAF

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
Well... there is chance that I might be looking for a bike in the near future.

Here is my problem... I just came off a XR600... Fantastic little machine, that I loved endlessly. And before that I had the Transalp 650.. Which I hated.
I just never got com foratable on the TA, every time I hit a rough patch it just felt like the bike was not meant to do it. The XR however was another story... I did some crazy things with that bike, and the limitation was always me... not the bike.

Now I have a dilemma. I can choose to purchase a new XR650L, which is as near as makes no difference to the 600... and I am sure I will get many happy k's from it.
HOWEVER.... The one thing I did hate about the 600 was the slow long distance cruising. And for that reason I am now looking at the likes of a KTM 950 Adventure... They are absolute bargains secondhand, and I know long distance smooth dirt roads will be awesome...

But I know myself, I am going to end up on some twisty bit and wounder if the bike can go there....

Maybe someone who owns one can tell me that it will do (not too) technical bits.... or not. Also... I have a tendency to drop bikes... ALLOT... once or twice a trip... ( I end up getting very over eager.... always )

In short, I want to do long distance trips and not feel like I have the wrong bike once I get there... is that possible on the 950?

Thanks for the feedback! ;D

Latest posts