KTM 950 front springs question. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I recently bought Super Plus .54 front springs from KTMtwins (and was impressed with the price, service, etc  ), but somewhere a mistake crept in - I received 485 mm length instead of the 467 mm standard length.  ???

What now?!?!?!?! 

Some feedback/background.

The front end became seriously soft over a period of time, resulting in me bottoming the front out more frequently - even smallish bumps would result in the dreaded "clank" sound. In desperation, I added 10 mm spacers to the 2.5 mm already in, cranked the pre-load to max, set compression to 6 clicks and hoped for the best. Limited improvement, but not the answer.

I opted for Super Plush from KTMtwins as the price and reviews were good, and ordered the .54.

Then the longer ones arrived.

We've fitted them last night, but added NO pre-load, and set the compression to "standard" and the rebound to "sport". I rode it back home (tar only) and it felt good, no harshens, nothing. I hit two speed bumps at speed and it felt good.  Is this the answer? 

Will this work, or must I replace with correct length?

I will test it more over the weekend to feel the difference and to play with the settings, but I would still appreciate your advice/comments.

Latest posts