KTM's test the boundry of Mphumalanga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
An invitation went out through an initiative from Pro-Action and Touratech:  ;D

Pancake Chesseburger raid on Dullstroom Loskop Dam

13 12 KTMS and 1 Transalp met in Centurion with the plan to tackle the pancakes in Dullstroom later in the day

Funacide and I decided not to go South, just to venture North again so we hightailed it to Cullinan and we waited ......

..... and waited  >:D

..... and waited  >:D  :angry4:

.... and w.. - then it transpired that one of the KTM's had a puncture - Marc Webb from Pro-Action I believe.
Anyhow - we then went to the Wimpy in Cullinan and had breakfast

... and waited  >:D  :BangHead:

... and wai.........

Ok, then they arrived.  ;D ;D ;D ;D Everyone refueled and we were on our way
Now we were 14 KTM's and 1 Transalp

First break after Cullinan  :)

Pic1.jpg

Somehow Ratel decided to take his own route so .......  ???

.... I waited  >:D >:D >:D

Pic2.jpg

.... and waited  >:D(It's still very dry this time of the year)

Pic3.jpg

.... and waited  >:D(Nice road  ;D)

Pic4.jpg

Soon they caught up. The roads in this area are always a pleasure to ride on, the surface just stoney enough to provide lekker grip on those knobblies

Later we got to the Loskop Dam road

Pic5.jpg

... and cancelled the Dullstroom pancake idea
KTMS's browsing in the shade (The seeds are nice this time of year)  ;D

Pic6.jpg

After munchies, the group split up.
We elected to retrace a bit of our route and then take the ever brilliant LANGKLOOF road - eish - really fantastic riding

Biological break...,.

Ratel:

Pic7.jpg

Plothond:

Pic8.jpg

Zonkol (how he wormed his way into this one, I'm not sure), Funacide and Mrs Fun

Pic11.jpg

Nice bikes  :)

Pic9.jpg

Pic10.jpg

Very nice bike  ;D ;D ;D

Pic12.jpg

We really should visit here soon again

Pic13.jpg

and have a braai next to the river

Pic14.jpg

That's all my pics..

Ratel, Fun and Zonks took some as well

TILL WE RIDE AGAIN  :)

14 KTM's .. I've seen a glimpse of heaven!  :eek:

Looks like the waiting was worth ur while in the end though. Great pics .. a different scenery of what we're used to here in the Cape .. but nice nevertheless.

Now I just have to figure out how to erase the image of the black/silver KTM out of my mind's eye ... ???  ::)  :'(

Guys, thanks for a nice trip. I did not get any pics, the camera is AWOL...

The only guys to go back home on dirt were WILDDOG's  O0

Most of us met bright and early (06:45) at some coffee shop at the Southdowns shopping centre in Centurion to tackle Ryperd's route that he had planned.

The plan was to raid Harry's (or someone's) pancakes in Dulstroom - we only got as far as Loskop :-\

The initial route took us through Irene and then all along the raiway tracks to Cullinan. It was this section that took  up a lot more time than was anticipated - "lekker tweespoor paadjie" ;D ;D Lots of airtime (and a few butt clenching moments :eek:

One puncture and some waiting saw us heading towards Cullinan eventually.

Attachments

• Meeting at Southdowns.jpg
    Meeting at Southdowns.jpg
    173.7 KB
  • Meeting at Southdowns 1.jpg
    Meeting at Southdowns 1.jpg
    197.7 KB
  • Waitng fo rest of group.jpg
    Waitng fo rest of group.jpg
    141.9 KB
  • Waitng fo rest of group 1.jpg
    Waitng fo rest of group 1.jpg
    150.5 KB
After refueling at Cullinan we hit the dirt towards Loskop. Just keep dem throttle open and hang on ;D

By the way - I wasn't lost - merely wanted to see what was around the next bend, and the next one and....stuff it 8)

Attachments

• ZONKOLOL.jpg
    ZONKOLOL.jpg
    106.2 KB
  • Plothond.jpg
    Plothond.jpg
    95.1 KB
  • Funacide and Mrs.jpg
    Funacide and Mrs.jpg
    93 KB
  • Lunch at Loskop.jpg
    Lunch at Loskop.jpg
    211.3 KB
  • Image00015.jpg
    Image00015.jpg
    240.8 KB
Decision was made to forgo pancakes and head hom to watch the Rugby. Everybody left but the Dogs were still thirsty ;D

I really enjoyed the ride home as it was only the five of us, and the road we took back had some very nice scenery.

As Funacide already said - we were the only ones to take the dirt home (Skande Ryperd >:D)

Thanks for a lovely ride and excellent company :thumright:

Attachments

• Bosveld beauty.jpg
    Bosveld beauty.jpg
    134.2 KB
  • Bosveld Beauty 1.jpg
    Bosveld Beauty 1.jpg
    180 KB
  • Hey Zonk wat maak jy daar....jpg
    Hey Zonk wat maak jy daar....jpg
    145.3 KB
  • Image00021.jpg
    Image00021.jpg
    186 KB
  • Wilddogs do it on dirt..jpg
    Wilddogs do it on dirt..jpg
    230.3 KB
Some nice pics there Ratel, thanks for posting.

What this Katoom only ride thing peeking out here? :tongue:

hehe. Looks good all those KTM's together. :razz:

Lekker ride.

Ama ride ride said:
Soon you okes on KTM's would also be branded as posers.... ;D

Ja, ok !!!!!

But we do it sitting (except Funacide - Mrs Fun complained about the ironing board so Mr Fun had to STAND the whole way on the dirt)

Funniest thing was when we pulled into the eating place at Loskop, all dusty and sweaty, and there is this 1200 GS - the only dust on it was on the middle section of it's tyre, and you had to look very carefull to see it >:D

Do the KTM guys have the same issues like seeing the 950 as an "upgrade" to the 640 ?

I doubt it.

The guys on the 640 seemed very happy with their rides :-\

Ratel said:
Funniest thing was when we pulled into the eating place at Loskop, all dusty and sweaty, and there is this 1200 GS - the only dust on it was on the middle section of it's tyre, and you had to look very carefull to see it >:D

Whats wrong with it? I believe we ride D/S bikes meaning we do tar and gravel. Yesterday me and Red Devil (pillion) went to the Vaal Dam ate  brunch at the harbour and rode back. Tar all the way.... ;D...Must admid it was nice not to eat dust for a change. >:D ;D

Ama ride ride said:
Ratel said:

Whats wrong with it? I believe we ride D/S bikes meaning we do tar and gravel. Yesterday me and Red Devil (pillion) went to the Vaal Dam ate  brunch at the harbour and rode back. Tar all the way.... ;D...Must admid it was nice not to eat dust for a change. >:D ;D

Jy verstaan duidelik NIE
Your GS still see's dirt - We doubt it if that particular GS has EVER seen dirt

Plothond said:
Ama ride ride said:
Ratel said:

Jy verstaan duidelik NIE
Your GS still see's dirt - We doubt it if that particular GS has EVER seen dirt

Oh ok

Yo, yes, it was lots of Fun, and Ratel, and Plothond and Skaap and.... Lots of beautiful KTM's.

How I got in, well, my very good friend Bla-Bla wanted a sweeper, and seeing that I rode with him many moons ago, I said yes. Thank you Bla-Bla, I really did enjoy it. They are a bunch of nice oaks. I never heard one complain regarding the slow riders. That really impressed me.

Thanks again to all and thank you to have the privilege to ride with KTM's.

P.S. BM Dogs are also nice  ;D

Latest posts