Last Pillion for a While

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubiblue

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
My last trip with my wife for a while. She is around 4 months pregnant, different times ahead  :thumleft:  , so we decided to get away for the weekend on the bike. Shirley finally managed to try out her new bike jacket I bought her for her birthday. A biker's wife loves when she gets biking gifts...well she does, she really supports my passion. I bought it six months ago, but my knee caused several months OFF the bike.

A mate of mine lives in Tzaneen so we met in Sabie area for the weekend. I knew I had to take it slow, baby on board and dodgy knee = caution. I managed to get airhawk seats from Adventurer. Thanks Dude, they make such a difference, 7 hours on Day 1 and 4 hours on Day 3 and limited ass pain.

We both run our own businesses so we took Friday off, and left early before the traffic got ugly. Every time I go on rides I feel like I have to leave earlier because the traffic seems to start earlier and earlier.

The Route

Very Warmly dressed

Rivers in Full Flow

High 5

Loskop Dam Pumping

We stayed at Crystal Springs Mountain Lodge right near Graskop. Day one was a little long, about 470kms, about 150kms dirt. My Mate Al bought all the chow and booze as he was in a car, thanks bud, appreciated. It is really pretty there, would suggest it to anyone.

We woke up early on Sat after having a braai, rugby, few drinks and catching up. I have been to see all the local touristy places already by myself and wanted to show Shirley all the pretty sites.
We went to Bourke's Luck potholes, Berlin Falls, Mac Mac falls, and Gods window although the mist was really bad so we couldn’t see anything. Popped into Sabie, have a lunch and then ducked back to the Lodge. Al cooked an awesome warm curry while we watched the rugby and sat with an inside fire, very cosy, gets chilly there.

We got up early on Sunday and hit the main roads all the way back Joburg. My bike rocks, with those airhawk seats in place you can do serious mileage. Bike performed perfectly, it now sits already cleaned in the garage, chain lubed, ready for the next one....

Thanks for posting all the best to you and mom in months to come.

Nice one bro! :thumleft: Congrats on the coming little un.

Really nice part of the world you guys rode through.  Great to see you're back after the "lesotho knee"!  :thumleft:

Just wondering why the last Pillion for a while - I rode to the hospital on the bike 20min before my daughter was borne - young and stupid  ???

Cave Girl said:
Just wondering why the last Pillion for a while - I rode to the hospital on the bike 20min before my daughter was borne - young and stupid  ???

Its an excuse to ride solo again...  :thumleft: