Leather panniers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanti

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I would love to find out what everybody thinks about having leather panniers made > My idea ( good or bad not sure ) would be to have leather bags made up about 30ltr each and use these as panniers , the reason for leather would be its strength and flexibility , I think good strong leather bags would be more ' safe ' than fabric bags from slashing and theft - I am thinking of a ali plate sown into the back of the bags to be able to be bolted onto my rack to prevent the bags being stolen ??? Also a thin metal strip sewn into the straps that could end in a ring of sorts that could be locked with a pad lock - again ?? another reason for thinking about leather is that it will be able to withstand damage quite well if I fall over - been reading about the dangers of hard panniers so leather would be also friendlier on the legs in such an event . Waterproof bags like those found at outdoor shops could be inside the panniers . Attached is my option number two using pacsafe but would love to hear opinion on the leather option .

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    132.2 KB

Latest posts